Building a Better World: Welcome to the School of Civil and Building Engineering at Loughborough University
Civil & Building Engineering is part of one of the largest multi-disciplinary Engineering Faculties in the UK. We aim to develop and nurture the skill required to face the challenges of our increasingly complex built environment. Our world-class teaching and research are integrated to support the technical and commercial needs of both industry and
- The effect of traffic and road characteristics on road safety: A review and future research direction
Wang, Chao; Quddus, Mohammed A.; Ison, Stephen G.
Source: Safety Science, v 57, p 264-275, August 2013
- National survey of summertime temperatures and overheating risk in English homes
Beizaee, A.; Lomas, K.J.; Firth, S.K.
Source: Building and Environment, v 65, p 1-17, July 2013
- Summertime temperatures and thermal comfort in UK homes
Lomas, K.J.; Kane, T.
Source: Building Research and Information, v 41, n 3, p 259-280, June 1, 2013
- Travel plans: A way forward?
Enoch, Marcus (Transport Studies Group); Ison, Stephen
Source: Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers: Urban Design and Planning, v 166, n 2, p 126-135, April 2013
- Design for healthy ageing
Gosling, Elaine-Yolande; Gyi, Diane; Haslam, Roger A.; Gibb, Alistair
Source: Contemporary Ergonomics and Human Factors 2013, p 199-200, 2013, Contemporary Ergonomics and Human Factors 2013
- Categorisation of fire safety management: Results of a Delphi Panel
Baker, Jim; Bouchlaghem, Dino; Emmitt, Stephen
Source: Fire Safety Journal, v 59, p 37-46, 2013
- Investigating the performance of a combined solar system with heat pump for houses
Ahmad, Muhammad Waseem; Eftekhari, Mahroo; Steffen, Thomas; Danjuma, Abdulhameed Mambo
Source: Energy and Buildings, v 63, p 138-146, 2013
Dr Robby Soetanto
Lecturer in Construction Management
“In the last Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) in 2008, the Department ranked 5th in UK for Built Environment and 7th for Civil Engineering”