Research at the School of Business and Economics is integral to who we are and why we are here: research of the highest level that informs academia, but research that is also instrumental to helping shape and influence the wider world across both the public and private sectors.
Research Centres represent the key areas of our research strength; Research Interest Groups are emerging areas of research; and Discipline Groups are the fundamental areas of research into which individual staff members practice their research.
- Centre for Firms in the Global Economy
- Centre for Global Sourcing and Services
- Centre for Information Management
- Centre for Post-Crisis Finance
- Centre for Professional Work and Society
- Centre for Service Management
Research Interest Groups
- Corporate Governance (CG – RIG)
- Efficiency and Productivity Analysis (EPA – RIG)
- Emergency Management (EM – RIG)
- Logistics and Supply Chains (LSC – RIG)
- Simulation Practice (SP – RIG)
- Town Centres (TC – RIG)
- Visual Decision Practices (VDP – RIG)
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour
- Information Management
- International Business, Strategy and Innovation
- Management Science and Operations Management
- Marketing and Retailing
We are passionate about the research we do and the dynamic research community we have created at Loughborough, inspiring and supporting researchers from around the world to explore research questions that sit at the intersection of contemporary intellectual debate and the challenges confronting business and policy communities. That blending of rigour and relevance is at the core of our research philosophy. Ultimately, our research matters.
Whether you are a prospective doctoral student interested in Microeconomics or Consumer Behaviour, or an industry leader seeking to fund vital research about International Marketing Strategies, the School of Business and Economics is well placed to provide the right opportunities for you and to get you to where you want to be.